Only candidates with property management experience will be considered Position is anticipated to close on Friday, April 26 at 5:00 p.m.
DEFINITION: Plan, organize, direct, supervise, and perform functions and activities in the real property management of the Inland Valley Development Agency (IVDA) and the San Bernardino International Airport Authority (SBIAA). Responsible for the administration of functions related to property management (leases, licenses, third party insurance, building/property inspections, maintenance scheduling, utility bills, janitorial and landscape maintenance). Major responsibilities include contract administration (leases, licenses, permits, service contracts) as well as the maintenance of rental records, schedules and periodic reports.
The following duties are typical for this classification. Incumbents may not perform all of the listed duties and/or may be required to perform additional or different duties from those set forth.
- Plans, organizes and directs the implementation of IVDA/SBIAA Real Estate Programs, including overseeing all related activities, negotiating acquisitions, leases and contracts.
- Develops and negotiates revenue enhancements strategies and contracts related to IVDA&SBIAA properties, holdings, acquisitions and leasing.
- Assists in preparing periodic market comparisons.
- Coordinates and collaborates with federal, state and local appointed and/or elected officials.
- Administers the projects, programs and activities and manages and supervises the staff and consultants to IVDA&SBIAA in accordance with the current organizational structure and personnel staffing requirements of the agencies.
- Assists and participates in the implementation of work goals, objectives, policies and priorities of IVDA&SBIAA.
- Corresponds and negotiates with agencies or others seeking to use or lease, assist in preparation of conditions of lease, performs functions to effect such leases, reviews and proposals, advises agency of recommended action, prepares and completes documents through project completion.
- Negotiates or assists in negotiations of terms and conditions of leases with lessors, assists in space planning, prepares review appraisals, prepares advertisement, responds to inquiries and complaints.
- Maintains accurate records of square foot figures of space leased and corresponding rental rates.
- Sorts and distributes and follows up on the payment of tax bills of IVDA&SBIAA properties.
- Initiates annual renewal of leases and space agreements, prepares and processes resolutions, leases and letters of understanding for IVDA&SBIAA space and properties.
- Maintains files for accounts payable and receivables related to leased properties, .
- Develops strategy for the acquisition of properties under imminent domain laws for right of way projects and complete required appraisals and required documentation.
- Acquisition of various easements.
- Implementation and utilization of property management software.
- Plan and follow up on maintenance and repair work with vendors.
- Supervises or conducts studies, surveys and collection of information on complex operational and administrative issues; analyzes findings and prepare reports of alternative solutions for review by Executive Director, Board, Commission and other stakeholders.
- Provides professional analysis and advice to Executive Director, Board, Commission and stakeholders related to areas of responsibility.
- Participates in, and make presentations to, committees, staff, boards and other public agencies and commissions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience: Any combination of training and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required qualifications would be
A Bachelor’s Degree In Business Administration or coursework equivalent to a major in real estate management, plus four (4) years of experience as a manager or second level supervisor of a related function. Certified Property Manager (CPM) credential or possession of a Brokers License is desirable.